Estate Sale Services
Our Five-Step Process Produces the Most Value for Your Estate Sale
Expertise and Integrity Make the Difference
Step One: Organizing and Displaying for Maximum Effect
Before a sale, we bring in an experienced team to organize, clean and artfully arrange every item in the sale. Creating displays for maximum effect is no easy task, and it’s one of the ways our estate sales distinguish themselves from the others. We work to create a sense of excitement for what’s available and manage the eventual flow of traffic so every item in the sale gets maximum exposure. We utilize all available tables, shelves and storage areas, and we bring in our inventory of additional display cases, tables, lighting and professional signage.
Step Two: Appraising and Pricing
Knowing the value of an item in the current market requires the professional expertise we’ve gained through years of experience. We appraise every item and prices are marked with materials we provide. Though rarely, for items of potential value that are not within our area of expertise, we may choose to engage an outside appraiser at our expense. Our clients are welcome to provide input on the value of specific items, and together with our expertise for the current market, we make pricing determinations that benefit us both.
Step Three: Promoting the Estate Sale
We will promote the Estate Sale using the most proven means we have found, tailoring the promotions to match each sale’s unique needs. We write very descriptive copy and use photos to showcase high traffic items. The cost of advertising is our expense, and we believe strongly in this investment. We have found success using various combinations of these media:
- The Interiors Consignment website
- Emails or printed flyers sent to our large database of loyal customers and dealers who have signed up to be on our contact list
- Local news websites
- Estate sale websites
- Websites with a following of people interested in a particular item or a collection of significance, e.g., artwork, firearms, etc.
- Local newspapers – the Abilene Reporter-News and/or American Classifieds
Step Four: Organizing and Managing the Sale
We conduct the sale in a professional, energetic and efficient manner with two main objectives: to sell every available item and to maximize proceeds for our clients. There are many nuances to organizing and managing a sale. We follow these general operating principles and procedures:
- Traffic flow, security and personal shopping assistance is important to the sale’s success. We let neighbors know sale times and are careful to help shoppers know when they may be blocking driveways, etc.
- To assist with the sale, we hire as many individuals as necessary from our pool of seasoned, experienced and reliable professionals. Many of our staff have been with us for years, and they love the excitement of a sale.
- We take all reasonable steps to guard against theft or damage to sale items. Security is one of our primary considerations. We use locked showcases for anything small that is of great value and we hire off-duty police officers as necessary to ensure the security of the sale and the customers.
- We assist shoppers with packing their items, providing bags, boxes, packing material, etc. and picking up large items – even recommending experienced and trusted movers.
- We accept all major credit cards, checks and cash.
- For the exceptional times when items remain because the market may be undervalued, we consult with our clients to determine if they prefer to consign them in our showroom, keep them, or we gladly suggest names of charities that pick up unsold items.
- We leave the home “broom” clean and in order.
Step Five: Reconciliation and Payment
Mr. Brittain will contact you to set up a meeting when he has completed a full reconciliation and has the payment in hand. This meeting takes place generally within one week of the sale’s conclusion. Mr. Brittain provides an accounting reconciliation statement including copies of all sales receipts and other back-up information.
I hope we have answered many of your questions, and we look forward to answering the others when you call us at 325-676-4230 - or send us an email using the form below.